In this weeks Snapshot we're bringing you tweaks to the Trail Ruins, new command functionality, a new advancement trigger, and more!
Edit: We have published a fix for a crash issue in this Snapshot. If you are experiencing crashes, please try closing all instances of the game and restarting the Launcher.
- All Pottery Shards has been renamed to Pottery Sherds
- If a vibration is scheduled to be received by a Sculk Sensor or Sculk Shrieker, they will stay queued until all adjacent chunks are loaded and ticking
- Prevents vibration resonance setups from breaking when unloading their chunks from a distance
- The game's application icon has been updated
- This will be a Grass Block in release versions, and a Dirt Block in snapshot versions
- Added native support for ARM64 machine architecture on Windows
- To try this out, you need to manually specify a native Java Executable in the launcher
- Sniffers can now be tempted by Torchflower seeds
- Reworked structures based on community feedback
- Added more structure variants
- Sand no longer generates within the structures
- Tweaked the amount of gravel and dirt
- Tweaked the amount of Suspicious Gravel
- Split the loot tables for the Suspicious Gravel within the structure. There is now a dedicated loot table for Rare loot items (e.g. Pottery Sherds, Smithing Templates), and a dedicated loot table for more common loot drops (e.g. Stained Glass Pane, Tools, Candles, etc.)
- Due to these changes you might see errors like Failed to get element ResourceKey[minecraft:worldgen/processor_list / minecraft:trail_ruins_suspicious_sand] in an old snapshot world. These are harmless, but existing Trail Ruin structures that was not previously fully loaded might be missing parts of the structure.
- The data pack version is now 14, accounting for item display orientation changes
- Added a return command
- Added recipe_crafted advancement trigger
The return command can be used to control execution flow inside functions and change their return value. Effects:
- Remaining separate top-level commands in the currently executing function (if any) are skipped
- The result value of the function command that triggered the function is changed from the number of commands executed to value
- The result value of the return command is also value
- value: An integer return value
- Triggered when crafting a recipe
- recipe_id - the resource location of the recipe crafted
- ingredients - an array of predicates for the item stacks used in the recipe
- A single item stack can only be used to fulfill one predicate
- Each predicate needs to be fulfilled to trigger the advancement. This allows for seperation between recipes that have same identifier but use different ingredients.
- This field is optional. When not provided, or left empty, only the recipe_id will dictate the success of the trigger
- Added villager_plantable_seeds to represent which kind of seeds Villagers can farm
- Added maintains_farmland to represent which blocks will not cause farmland to be converted into dirt when placed on top of it
- item_display items have been rotated 180 degrees around Y axis to better match transformation applied when rendering items on armor stand head and in item frames
- For reference, order of transformations applied to model (starting from innermost) is item_transform, rotate Y 180, transformation field, entity orientation (billboard option + Rotation field + Pos field)
FIXED BUGS IN 23W16A
- MC-162253 - Lag spike when crossing certain chunk borders
- MC-169498 - Empty top subchunks don't update skylight in some cases
- MC-170010 - Sky-lightmaps not properly initialized
- MC-170012 - Lightmaps are missing for initial skylight
- MC-199752 - Polished Blackstone Button takes longer to break than other buttons
- MC-207251 - Sculk sensors and shriekers do not work correctly when cloned, generated on superflat worlds or placed with custom structures
- MC-249450 - Sculk shriekers placed with NBT don't receive signals from nearby sculk sensors
- MC-252786 - SculkSensorBlockEntity and SculkShriekerBlockEntity leak VibrationListeners on update
- MC-254410 - /setidletimeout set to a timer longer than 35791 disconnects idle player immediately
- MC-257178 - Chiseled Bookshelf redstone behavior is inconsistent
- MC-260038 - Sniffer does not have smooth animation transitions for some of its animations, like sniffing
- MC-260219 - Sniffer eating sounds aren't played when feeding them the last item of torchflower seeds within a stack
- MC-260221 - Sniffers can still dig when floated by levitation status effect
- MC-260237 - Sniffers can sniff while panicking
- MC-260466 - Torchflower doesn't maintain farmland used to grow it
- MC-260849 - Sniffer can't get into minecart
- MC-261214 - Amethyst in calibrated sculk sensor is shaded and not stretched
- MC-261286 - Walking near liquids causes stone footstep sounds to play
- MC-261515 - You can't brush blocks if a dropped item is between you and the block
- MC-261605 - Splash text sometimes covers several letters of "Java Edition"
- MC-261608 - Sculk sensors and calibrated sculk sensors lack a cooldown state
- MC-261620 - Crash when modifying age property of a pitcher crop
- MC-261625 - "Programmer Art" and "High contrast" built-in Resource Packs are incompatible
- MC-261643 - Villagers can't plant torchflower seeds or pitcher plant pods, despite picking them up
- MC-261646 - Subtitle for Sniffers laying eggs is "Chicken plops"
- MC-261740 - Feeding a Sniffer while it is digging causes it to lay motionless for a while then dig again with no animation
- MC-261746 - Incorrect sound event ID spelling for "block.sniffer.egg_crack" and "block.sniffer.egg_hatch"
- MC-261804 - Expired Key preventing players from logging in on servers
- MC-261857 - Using the "/setblock", "/fill", or "/clone" commands to create little amounts of blocks in completely isolated areas causes large client-side stutters
GET THE SNAPSHOT
Snapshot are available for Minecraft: Java Edition. To install the Snapshot, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the "Installations" tab.
Testing versions can corrupt your world, so please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Report bugs here:
Want to give feedback?
- For any feedback and suggestions on our upcoming 1.20 features, head over to the dedicated Feedback site category. You can also leave any other feedback on the Feedback site. If you're feeling chatty, join us over at the official Minecraft Discord.