Remove Horse Armor from loot chests
It has always bothered me how Horse Armor spawns in structure loot chests when, thematically, it's never related at all. So I propose that they be removed from structure loot chests. Here's what I would do instead.
- Add Iron, Golden, and Diamond Plating to structure loot chests instead of the Horse Armors. They're generic and fit in anywhere – basically ingots (stack to 64), but only obtainable in structures.
- Make Iron Horse Armor craftable with 8 Iron Plating + 1 Leather Horse Armor, with similar recipes for Golden and Diamond Horse Armor.
Here's why I think this would be beneficial.
- As stated before, Horse Armor doesn't fit thematically with any structure. Adding an extra step would fix that.
- Horse Armor clutters your inventory very quickly in larger structures, especially Nether Fortresses – but Plating items won't.
- Leather Horse Armor would get another use!
- Mojang could use the Plating items in future crafting recipes as a way to encourage exploration.
Please sign in to leave a comment.