Snapshots Types and their better versioning:
- Bugfixing Snapshots (Contains only bugfixes and parity tweaks) will be pre-releases - even if this is the third snapshot of this update. A pre-release or Bugfixing Snapshot can't be the 1st or 2nd snapshots of the update.
- Tweaking Snapshots (Normal Snapshots, doesn't contains features) will have the latest feature snapshot number. for example, Snapshot 21w21a is a tweaking one, so it will be called 21w19c (After 21w20a) because 21w19c is a feature one. if this is an end-of-update tweaking snapshots, it will be a pre-release, not tweaking snapshot.
- Feature Snapshots (Contains Features or Major Technical Changes) will be normally numbered.
- Pre-Releases (PR) (Contains only bugfixes and parity tweaks) will be numbered like feature snapshots with V.VV PRn before it. for example, the third pre-release for 1.17 on the 23th week will be numbered 1.17 PR3 21w23a. Pre-releases uses it's own identification letter, that is'nt stacks with the snapshots id letters. A pre-release or Bugfixing Snapshot can't be the 1st or 2nd snapshots of the update.
- Release Candidates (CR) will be like that: V.VV Release Candidate n. CRs are counted as PRs. CRs will have the same behavior as they got now. for example, the 2nd CR of 1.17 will be numbered like that: 1.17 Release Candidate 2. The 1st CR will not have a number, unless a second CR will be released, and then the number (1) will be added.
Please sign in to leave a comment.