It's a simple idea: give mobs stats that players can improve by breeding and RNG.
If I catch a wild chicken (wild animals would have a stat cap like horses ie no catching the perfect horse in the wild), I can see it's egg laying stats as like 1 egg per 15 minutes, then through multiple generations of breeding it with a similar or better chicken, I can change that to 1 egg every 2 minutes with a 3 minute cool down- or something similar. The breeding would be very RNG based, like horses, or very labor intensive ie the chicken must be in good health, be fed X many seeds, and be X many day's old to maximize the chance of an improved chicken being hatched. The stats don't have to go up to 100% but can be a lower number like 15% or higher than they are now with a cooldown going into effect after X many uses.
- All: meat production, breeding chance/ speed
- Cows- leather production, milk production
- Sheep- wool production and wool regrowth (how fast the sheep seeks grass for growth)
- Pigs- litter size, chance to find mushrooms/ truffles/ other plants or gifts
- Chickens- egg production and fertility (chance of eggs hatching chicks), feather production
- Rabbits- hide/ leg harvest chance
- Horses- make their stats visible
- Bee's- honey production (how much honey a bee can produce), flower pollination (how many flowers a bee needs to visit to before returning to the hive), pollination chance/ range (how many crops or likelihood for a bee to pollinate a crop)
Please sign in to leave a comment.