How Chunks are loaded without player interaction has been changing throughout almost every past update of Minecraft (java edition). Some examples include:
- Nether Portal Entity Transfer Chunk-Loading
Previously at 1 tick when an entity passed through the portal.
Recently changed to 15 seconds of chunk-loading.
- Hopper / Dropper Item transfer across chunk boarder chumk-loading
Recently patched out of the game
- Redstone signal propagation across chunk boarder chunk-loading
- Spawn-Chunks being always loaded
- End Portal Entity Transfer Chunk-Loading
- and several more.
Unfortunately it is relatively hard to search for more examples, since the search results quickly vanish when a new version of the game is released.
It would be great to have a defined behavior for chunk loading in the game, since it would allow us to build contraptions which make use of these features, without having to worry about them breaking in a future update.
I.e. a system which transports items from a remote outpost to a storage at spawn.
Please sign in to leave a comment.