Something I frequently end up needing is an accurate way to accurately measure player movement speed.
I think Minecraft could benefit from a built in speedometer because it allows players to quickly compare transportation methods.
I believe this speedometer should be implemented into the F3 menu, possibly as a part of your coordinates.
For example, coordinates in Java and bedrock could become XYZS: X, Y, Z, Speed.
It may also be useful to also be able to see individual X, Y, and Z speeds.
Here are a few times I have seen accurately measuring movement speed useful:
1. Testing ice tunnel speed
2. Testing piston push speed
3. Testing horse speed (This is a big one since horse speed can differ. Many players seem to be in need of something to measure the speed of their horses.)
4. Debugging movement-related bugs
Here are a few times I have seen measuring individual coordinate movement speed useful:
1. Testing entity fall speed
2. Testing directional motion (for example, being pushed by entities)
I think the speed should be based off of the player's coordinates rather than their motion data since many data packs (and other command based additions) use teleportation for movement.
Please sign in to leave a comment.