Foreword: This feedback suggestion post DOES NOT intend/suggest to replace the current Bedrock Edition system of using Xbox Live. This feedback suggestion addresses the following points which are
• An additional method of syncing your Mojang account
• Adding more options/re-designing the “Profile” section on Bedrock settings
• Features as a result of syncing a Mojang Account
An extra, separate suggestion but still relevant:
• Custom Minecraft Cloud Based Storage system for storing Minecraft worlds on ALL Editions (E.g. Name Idea CubeCloud)
- Doesn’t replace Xbox Live Storage
- Stores Java world saves as an additional secondary storage method (player chooses with option in Java menu) AND Bedrock Edition world saves
- Allows players on any Edition and platform to access works saves tied to their Mojang Account.
- Java saves imports on Bedrock, converting to .MCWorld Bedrock files and vice versa
- A separate but relevant feature that could be implemented
Firstly I suggest having the ability of being able to sync your Mojang account as an additional account on Bedrock Edition platforms. Currently the Mojang account is used to login to the Mojang/Minecraft website, play Mojang games and of course play Minecraft Java Edition (PC: Windows, Mac, Linux). Syncing it on Bedrock Edition would give the account more uses, encourages Java Edition downloads if players want one (don’t have to though) and allow for potential features.
The image below gives a concept of what it MAY look like if the Minecraft Team implements this suggestion. It adds an additional button on the Bedrock home-screen with the Mojang logo, signifying to login. The Xbox Live sign in button is there permanently since it disappears currently when signed in, also represented by Xbox/Microsoft logo. As a result, the feedback button changed position BUT still on the home screen. Also, the profile area in settings show more information on the syncing of the Mojang account. I also propose a suggestion to improve the profile area as an area relating to the player’s Minecraft profile, custom to them. Since Minecraft is redeveloping the Bedrock UI, it seems like good timing.
In addition, the features when syncing a Mojang account could start off small/simple then over time have more additions later. One feature could be importing PC Java Edition skins. Any skin used on Java and on the Java Launcher could transfer to Bedrock if requested due to available under the Mojang account. Another feature could be, linking in to the Cloud storage mentioned earlier, backing up and porting over Minecraft world saves between Editions and platforms. Making it easier for mobile devices and console platforms particularly.
Overtime I may edit this suggestion and players are welcome of course to comment their opinion/any additional feedback in regards to this.
I think it could be a useful feature, particularly for Bedrock Edition syncing with Mojang Accounts which makes a bridge between Java and Bedrock at least.
However Java Edition could get this feature as well, in terms of an option added in the menu etc.
Please sign in to leave a comment.