Setting functions permission level
As a Datapack creator i can say that we need to create a lot of workarounds to do certain things that we can't do naturally, sometimes the results are good, sometimes the workarounds are so much that it can result a bad experience to the player. Obviously there is a lot of things that can be done to change that, but one simple idea that i got is about giving the Datapack creators a way to set to each function an different permission level since you can set it only to every function, not just for one, some examples where this addition would help:
- A function that everyone can use for getting basic info about the Datapack.
- A function that gives data, or scores about every player, only for server operators.
- A function that default players can use to gain a basic kit with custom Datapack itens
Some ideas on how this could be implemented:
- A tag that would mark which functions could be used or not by different levels.
- Folders inside the Function folder that would split the levels.
- A new special line (could be the first) into the functions files that would mark the permission level of that function, and maybe in the future even adding new parameters and settings to that function.
Please sign in to leave a comment.