All Villages Day
The name's a work-in-progress, but if the team likes it, I like it.
The idea is to have a holiday every thirty to sixty Minecraft days (whatever number feels most appropriate) celebrated by all Villages everywhere.
Core concepts include:
- Musical humming. I don't know what the future holds for instruments in Minecraft, but Villagers already communicate through humming extensively. This could also be used to remind Players of the holiday days in advance.
- Villager-Shaped Cookies gifted to the Player after a successful trade. Can be re-gifted to Villager children for +1 Popularity.
- Villagers hang decorative Flower Wreathes on Iron Golems. At the end of the holiday the Iron Golems casually shed these wreathes, allowing Players to collect them and hang them on walls.
- Iron Golems hand out poppies far more frequently.
- Villagers launch fireworks in open spaces.
Some less developed ideas:
- Changes to Wandering Trader spawning so that they may participate.
- Some sort of countermeasure to the Bad Omen effect.
- Biome-specific traditions.
- Commands for initiation, cancellation, and scheduling of the holiday.
I think Villagers having their own holiday would go far in making Villages feel more alive, while also giving the Players something to look forward to. Please consider my suggestion! Thank you for reading!
Please sign in to leave a comment.