Strategy and Skill are two different things. 1.8 PvP is skill based. Modern PvP is strategy based. We need to combine these two categories and commutes. I have a few item, enchantment, and mechanic suggestions for the new combat update, presumably 1.20 or 1.21
1) The Agility enchantment: this comes in 3 tiers. Each tier decreases the cooldown time. Tier 3 removes the cooldown, allowing for 1.8 spam PVP. However, this enchantment is incompatible with sharpness, smite, and bane.
2) Iron Shields: crafted with iron in place of wood, the iron shield has 3 times the durability and can only be disabled by an iron tier or above axe.
3) Bound swords: the player who uses a binding enchantment on their sword will be the only one able to use the sword fully. Any other player trying to use the sword will make its attack damage decrease by 4.
4) levitation potions & splash potions: brewed with a shulker shell, levitation potions last 10 seconds, same as if you were hit by a shulker projectile.
5) weight boot curse: when applied to boots, this will negate the effects of levitation, but will amplify fall damage.
6) crits do less knockback because crits involve downward momentum
7) Fishing rod enchantment - launching: makes the fishhook go farther, and knockback entities farther on impact.
8) Fishing rod enchantment - reeling: makes fishing rods pull entities farther toward the player
9) fishing rod enchant grappling: pulls the player toward the hooked entity.
Thanks for reading!
Please sign in to leave a comment.