with the new combat snapshots approaching soon, I'd like to make a bold statement: Infinity is kind of broken.
while there is a convenience with having an infinite amount of arrows, it is rather overpowered when paired with Flame, punch II, and especially Power V. this is where a rework of Infinity should come into play:
The Major changes:
- when a bow uses Infinity, It should no longer require arrows, but rather EXP, costing 8 points of EXP per Infinity arrow fired.
- when carrying Arrows, the arrows should be consumed first before Infinity kicks in.
- Infinity can not be stacked with Punch I-II or flame.
- to balance the flaws of Infinity, the arrows, being made of magic, should create a small violet "discharge" when landing on a foe or the ground, damaging anything nearby.
- Infinity arrows should have a special sound effect when fired, probably some sound similar to the eye of ender.
- Infinity arrows should have their own texture resembling a violet energy arrow, rather than just looking like a arrow with an enchanted glint. It is made of magic after all.
- With infinity... not really being Infinite anymore, could be renamed. this rename could be "Preservation" or something else depending on what Jeb prefers.
Please sign in to leave a comment.