Bedrock Beta Multi Noise World Generation Feedback
The latest Minecraft Bedrock Edition Beta has been released, introducing multi-noise world generation, accessible via the Caves & Cliffs Experimental Features toggle! Changes you can expect to see thanks to multi noise world generation include:
- New and improved terrain and biome generation algorithm that creates more natural terrain and biome transitions
- Improved surface decoration that detects the difference between when blocks are generated underwater and underground
- Introduces large ore veins to world generation adding more strategy to mining
- Introduces noodle caves to world generation, creating small pathways between bigger caves
- Introduces the possibility of dry cave entrances that make it easier to access the new noise caves
- Introduces a new algorithm that finds suitable spawn positions closer to origin
- Added logic to save and load SubChunks by absolute Y index to support data-driven dimension height ranges
Be sure to check out the latest changelog for more information on what else is included in this week's beta. Once you've explored some of the breathtaking new landscapes, let us know your feedback in the comments!
Before You play! The world generation in this beta is expected to be slow, especially if you are playing on an older device. We are working on improving the generation speed before the Caves & Cliffs Part II release, but those fixes are not ready to implement yet. You can let us know how the game runs in this short survey: aka.ms/MCBetaPerf
Please sign in to leave a comment.