Caves & Cliffs World Generation Experimental Snapshot 4 Feedback
Caves & Cliffs world generation Experimental Snapshot 4 has now shipped, with even more tweaks and changes based on all of your amazing feedback. Here's a look at just some of what you can expect in this latest release:
- Temple tweaks: Desert temples tend to be partially buried, and Jungle temples and Desert temples no longer generate on water.
- Made biome placement a bit smoother and less noisy (again). This should result in fewer microbiomes (again). Tweaked biome placement in general to reduce the risk of harsh collisions.
- Made extreme hills terrain less unextreme. And fiddled with the placement of shattered terrain and extreme hills in general, to make it fit in with the terrain better.
- Reduced the likelihood of rivers being cut off and turning into steep dry river gorges in mountainous terrain.
- More iron! You'll still mostly have to go caving or mountain climbing to find it. But you'll find more iron when you do!
- Swampier swamps. Tweaked swamp placement a bit, just to keep them happy. They are less likely to extend far out from the coastline now, and rivers in swamps tend to be shallower.
- Bigger copper blobs in dripstone caves. Go to that biome if you want more copper! Either that or find a large copper vein.
You can read up on the full list of changes as well as the known issues we're tracking in our dedicated blog post. And, like last week, please let us know what you think in the comments below!
Post is closed for comments.