New attack patterns and techniques to vary combat
With a game as grand as Minecraft, an improved combat system is required to fit the different playstyles of each player. The changes below will be easy to understand for newer players but rewards those that take time to learn it
The following shows new named techniques the player can perform and the button order needed to activate them.
1. Forward roll: Walk forward +Sprint +Sneak
2. Forward diving roll: Walk forward +Sprint Jump +Sneak
3.Backward sprint jump: Walk backward + sprint jump
4.Left Dodge: Strafe Left +sprint jump
5.Right Dodge: (Strafe Right +sprint jump)
NEW ATTACK PATTERNS FOR WEAPONS
- A three click combo is performed with a cooldown only after combo is complete or after some time has passed between an attack.
- The first 2 strikes have the current animation and sweeping edge can be applied
- The third attack is a thrust dealing more damage than a crit and to a single target
- Low damage but has a continuous attack as if mining the opponent
- low damage but pulls the opponent closer with each attack
- Low damage but is swung in a way that it knocks the opponent to the side
- Has the longest reach of all melee weapons and a thrust attack is performed
- Cooldown when switching weapons and items reduced or removed. The varying attacks of weapons mentioned will be more useful
- Attack cooldown only applied when a weapon combo is completed or as mentioned
- Same delay as 1.9 for crits. Crits cancel sword combos in any attack stage
Please sign in to leave a comment.