Axolotl FeedbackPinned released
Update: Axolotls have now released as part of Caves & Cliffs Part I.
Axolotls are a brand-new mob introduced in Caves & Cliffs Part I! As adorable as they are aggressive, players can look forward to plenty of fun features when they find what some call the "walking fish":
- Spawning - axolotls will spawn underground, in water
- Tempting & Breeding - Holding a tropical fish or a bucket of tropical fish can be used to tempt axolotls or to mate them.
- Attacking - axolotls will attack fish, squid, drowned, and guardians.
- Colours - axolotls come in a variety of colours, with blue axolotls having a small chance of spawning as a mutation when breeding 2 axolotls.
- Drying Out - axolotls can survive on dry land for a few minutes. After that, they will start to dry out and take continuous damage until rehydrated.
- Playing Dead - when taking damage, there is a chance that the axolotl will play dead. While playing dead, the axolotl will regenerate health and mobs will be unable to target them.
- Combat Regeneration - When a player kills a mob that the axolotl was attacking, they are rewarded with the regeneration effect and their mining fatigue is removed if they have it.
- Bucketing - axolotls can be picked up and carried around in buckets just like other fish!
Once you've played, let us know what you think about this adorable amphibian in the comments.
Please sign in to leave a comment.