X

NOTICE

Are you sure you want to report this?

Please read the pinned post on creating new biomes and dimensions. Remember that individual items, mobs, and structures should still go in their own categories - this is not a category for entire updates.

77

Frozen Cave!!

8 Comments

Post a new comment:

Please sign in to leave a comment.

Sorted by oldest
  • 2
    Registered User commented
    Comment actions Permalink

    Cool idea! The biome could also have a new black block to make contrast with the snow and the ice. Yetis may also spawn there to make the biome more difficult

  • 3
    Registered User commented
    Comment actions Permalink

    This would be a cool spot for Strays spawn, since they are rarely seen outside of snowy biomes, and might people more aware of them.

  • 0
    Registered User commented
    Comment actions Permalink

    Make them possible to not spawn only under Snowy Tundras or Snowy Taigas, but also in caves at high mountains where is already snow and ice. Also, yes, Strays should be the 90% of mobs that spawn there (remaining 10% will be the classic mobs)

  • 0
    Registered User commented
    Comment actions Permalink

    I also think that you could add powder snow to the caves to add an additional hazard, and it would just look beautiful.

  • 0
    Registered User commented
    Comment actions Permalink

    This could also work perfectly with the new excavation in the caves and cliffs update. You should be able to find frozen relics and pottery stuff frozen deep underground

  • 0
    Registered User commented
    Comment actions Permalink

    Was watching a video showcasing the new snapshot, and had a similar idea.

    In my mind however, I invisioned caves filled with pure ice, with giant thick ice pillars, pretty much replacing the normal generated cavern terrain with the ice block variants, including naturally generated thin ice in some places, so you might end up falling into freezing water and freezing to death if not careful.

    The icicle version of stalactites and stalagmites is also very cool, and could be used for some special icy water, maybe for a cold resistance/immunity potion, like we have fire resistance.

  • 0
    Registered User commented
    Comment actions Permalink

    clay exposed by air in lush caves should be ice and this would slap in the game

  • 1
    Registered User commented
    Comment actions Permalink

    I think these frozen caves should be implemented along with the new mountain generation, it would make much more sense. Plus a more diverse and intricate cave system that can only be explored in certain biomes. maybe there could be massive frozen caves for the new mountain generation and smaller frozen caves for the regular cold biomes. also Ice is far more delicate than stone, so the icicles (instead of stalactites) have a chance to fall when a player is making vibrations (same as skulk sensor mechanics) nearby.