Shields are intended to be super powerful early game, but weak late game? That makes no sense, considering your first swords isn't doing 30 DPS. Shields should be progressive like armor and weapons. Here's my idea for tiered shields:
- (Tier 1) Wooden Shield: Blocks 3 damage. Obtained by the shield crafting recipe.
- (Tier 2) Leather Shield: Blocks 4 damage.
- (Tier 3) Golden Shield: Blocks 4 damage. Pacifies piglins when held up, as long as you didn't attack first.
- (Tier 3) Iron Shield: Blocks 5 damage.
- (Tier 3) Turtle Shield: Blocks 6 damage. More durable and enchantable than iron shield.
- (Tier 4) Diamond Shield: Blocks 6 damage.
- (Tier 5) Netherite Shield: Blocks 7 damage. More knockback resistance.
So how do you advance a tier? The smithing table. To advance a tier, you need its respective resource. To get all the way to netherite, You need a wooden shield + leather + iron/gold/scute + diamond + netherite, in that specific order. Higher tier shields have more durability than lower tier shields. That's it.
Please sign in to leave a comment.