- Download this zip file: https://launcher.mojang.com/experiments/combat/9b2b984d635d373564b50803807225c75d7fd447/1_16_combat-5.zip
- Unpack the folder into your "versions" folder of your local Minecraft application data folder (see below if you are confused)
- Create a new launch configuration in the launcher and select the "pending 1.16_combat-5" version
- Start the game and the remaining files will be downloaded
- Play in a new world! This version is not compatible with other snapshots!
Finding the Minecraft application folder:
- Windows: Press Win+R and type %appdata%.minecraft and press Ok
- Mac OS X: In Finder, in the Go menu, select "Go to Folder" and enter ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft
- Linux: ~/.minecraft or /home/<your username>/.minecraft/
Once you have the launcher set up you can download the server files from there as well.
(Sorry, accidentally left this open for comments, please repost your comments on existing discussions.)
Post is closed for comments.