Via Jeb: Here's combat test snapshot version 8b!
Mostly balance changes this time, I think we're getting somewhere.
Features that have made a return:
- Returned eating interruption for getting hit (by players or mobs), also applies to drinking
- Returned bow fatigue for holding the bow pulled, but it doesn't start until 3 seconds. Bow fatigue will also cancel out "critical arrows"
- Weapon enchantments are now included in the base damage when calculating crits and potion effects
- Strength I/II now adds +20%/+40% (was +3/+6 damage)
- Instantenous effects on tipped arrows are now scaled by 1/8, just like the duration of other effects
- Healing potions now heal 6 points per level (was 4)
- Cleaving now adds +2/+3/+4 points of damage (was +1/+2/+3)
- Liquid food (stews, honey, milk) can now be consumed faster (20 ticks, was 32 or 40 ticks)
- Potions can now be drunk faster (20 ticks, was 32 ticks)
- Fixed shield protection arcs... again!
- Improved server-side attack range calculations, should hopefully mean fewer "false misses" but still needs more work
And as always, thank you all for your comments and feedback.
Also, here is an Excel sheet I've been using to check damage values. It should be compatible with most other spreadsheet applications: https://launcher.mojang.com/experiments/combat/ed4ac6cf06a6828888f24b58416542dacf6e9960/Minecraft%20Damage%20Calculations%20
Post is closed for comments.