We already have two hostile ocean mobs, the drowned and the guardians. However, drowned are just zombie variants and guardians only exist in rare ocean monuments. The deep ocean biome, in particular, desperately needs more danger and mystery. Perhaps we could achieve that by adding a new hostile mob to the ocean depths; the deep sea karybdi.
- Karybdi (singular form: karybdis) would be relatively large mobs, perhaps somewhere between 1-2x the size of an in-game dolphin. They spawn only in deep ocean biomes. They swim close to the ocean floor, wandering aimlessly around the biome.
- Karybdi would swim fairly slowly, even when attacking. However, if they reach you, they do 8 damage (on Normal mode; 4 on Easy, and 12 on Hard).
- They have 40 health points (20 hearts).
- When killed, they drop 7 experience points and there is a 50% chance of dropping a nautilus shell. I don't have any special items in mind for this new mob, but suggestions are welcome!
- Karybdi are immune to Knockback, but take damage and are stunned for 2 seconds when hit with a Night Vision potion. This is because their eyes are accustomed to the dark, so allowing extra light would damage their eyes.
All in all, I believe that adding karybdi would increase the allure and biodiversity of the oceans in Minecraft. Let me know what you guys think! Thanks for reading, and I hope you consider voting for this!
Please sign in to leave a comment.