Imagine for a second, that you are deep under the hellish lava-oceans of the nether, mining some Ancient Debris when suddenly and inexplicably, a six-legged - molten - insect bursts out from some nearby Netherrack and begins jabbing at you with its fiery pincers!
You manage to jump out of the way, running from your Ancient Debris bounty but are now hunted by its guardian, the wolf-sized, ever unyielding Magmaroach!
Well, the Magmaroach is a new beast I propose we add to the nether. Details as follows:
- Shaped similar to a cockroach with large glowing pincers.
- But definitely fiery.
- They GUARD the new Ancient Debris!
- Can also be found feeding off or nearby some basalt blocks
- Has a dash/jab attack (leaps forward and bites with pincers)
- Similar to silverfish, they appear from within a block, but are much larger!
- Its takes a lot of effort to kill a Magmaroach, as they absorb much damage, and can heal when in lava or fire!
- Their attacks aren't too powerful, but have a low chance to set you on fire or reduce your speed and attack speed!
The idea is that the Magmaroach is a hostile mob that is not too often found wandering the Nether Wastes, but mining Ancient Debris has a very high chance of disturbing them. Also, wearing gold seems to attract them from farther away, they like the smell of gold!
This could turn wearing gold armour in the nether into a gamble - Protect yourself from Piglins but potentially attract Magmaroachs!
Please sign in to leave a comment.