Currently, the Soul Sand Valley feels largely empty and devoid of many reasons to travel to it. With the introduction of the Basalt Deltas, the Soul Sand Valley is no longer the best place to collect basalt, leaving only soul soil as the only real attraction for most players.
The Soul Sand Valley could greatly benefit from the introduction of new forms of vegetation, other atmospheric features, and perhaps a new structure to give it a more purposeful feeling. Such features could include:
- Nether wart (or perhaps a new warped wart) growing in small patches in the soul sand.
- Blue weeping vines-like vegetation hanging from the ceiling.
- Unique, deathly ground vegetation other than the crimson roots occasionally found near Crimson Forests.
- Light-blue particles flying through the air, perhaps representing souls lost in the valley.
- Ruins leftover from previous inhabitants of the valley, perhaps built of a new brick made by hardened soul sand.
The possibilities are endless for additions to the Soul Sand Valley, however, it is certain that in its current state it is far too empty to warrant the risk of exploration, especially when compared to the Crimson/Warped Forest and Basalt Delta.
Please sign in to leave a comment.