While a player is Sprinting, they will not regenerate. This is something that is true in many games. Why not Minecraft?
Player will not Naturally Regenerate While in Sprint. This will also be true for a few seconds after the player stops sprinting (Like 3-5 Seconds).This could be toggle on/off with a /gamerule command. It would be enabled by default and would require cheats to change. Regeneration Potions would work while sprinting.
1. A player may choose to not Sprint in a fight. This gives more options to the player, and adds a reason for a player NOT to sprint in a fight. Though the benefits are likely outweighed.
2. Most PvP players have experienced this... You are fighting a player, and you get him very low, and you have decent hearts. The other player manages to runaway, and you chase. When you catch up to fight the player again, he turns on you with full hearts. With the player now regenerating at all times, this is even more of a problem! This idea would prevent that, as the enemy player would still be low before fighting you again.
3. This will make PvE considerably harder, as you cannot simply sprint away from your enemy, you have to get away, and be much more careful of other mobs as well if you are low.
4. It will make fights slightly faster.
5. You’ll be able to know exactly how much damage you dealt, and not have to guess if your enemy regenerated health mid-fight.
Please sign in to leave a comment.