Nether Surface -- An incredibly harsh, Alien Planet
Replace the Nether ceiling with a hellish surface with more overworldly terrain. Reaching the Nether Ceiling may require piercing obsidian and travelling through lava. Portals will never generate above the surface, and nether portals can not be lit on the ceiling. Some or all of the following features may be present to hammer in that this is an alien world:
* Two large suns are in the dark, always starry sky: one gigantic and orange, the other smaller and blue.
* The day length is shorter than the overworld, lasting 4.5 min.
* During the day when exposed to sunlight, the world is Scorched. Flammable blocks catch fire. The player takes fire damage when exposed to the Suns unless they're protected with relevant magic. (or are wearing a Netherite helmet?) All forms of ice will vaporize.
* Lava pools and rivers flow along the surface as water does in the overworld.
* Most of the surface is like Nether Wastes and Soulsand Valley. There will be scattered patches of White Plains, which are covered in nether vegetation which is white in order to reflect most of the light and heat from the scorching sun. Planks made from the rare trees will be bright white in color, lighter than Birch wood. Mobs native to white plains will also be bright white as well.
* New Nether Surface mobs spawn, in addition to Blazes, Withers, and Magma Cubes. Ghasts are very rare and are only hostile at Night.
* Ruins of Nether Brick structures spawn over the surface, with broken obsidian portals in some of the ruins
Please sign in to leave a comment.