The kakapo, a flightless parrot native to New Zealand, are highly endangered with only 142 known adults alive. Them being introduced into Minecraft could bring some much-needed attention to their conservation.
- Kakapos would have 5 hearts.
- They would be passive.
- They would only spawn in the jungle biome.
- They would be 0.75 blocks tall.
- They would drop nothing at all.
- They could be tamed with seeds, like parrots, and would then follow the player. They could be made to sit.
- Hostile mobs would ignore the kakapo.
- Kakapos would run away from cats (reflecting one of the reasons that they are so endangered).
- They would have unique sounds.
- They could scare spiders away, like cats do with creepers (credit for this idea goes to TheIronSniper1)
The kakapos would give the jungles extra life, and would give players an extra option for companionship. The kakapo's addition into the best selling game of all time would also give their conservation media recognition.
Please sign in to leave a comment.