The Illusioner will spawn in two places:
- During raids*, starting from wave 6 (like Evokers, only 1-2 of them will spawn in a wave);
- Atop Pillager Outposts (only once upon generation, will not despawn).
*It can very rarely spawn as a Raid Captain (Banner on its head)
The Illusioner will now have a wider array of attacks:
- Their titular illusion attack, that now spawns 3 to 5 "Illusions", depending on difficulty. Illusions are almost identical to the Illusioner, save for eye color. They deal the same damage as the Illusioner but die in one hit. When the Illusioner dies, all the Illusions spawned by it die instantly.
The Illusioner will turn invisible and constantly teleport to one of the Illusions, "hiding" in one of them until hit or until 30 seconds pass. It will then either change attack or "shuffle" the Illusions around, teleporting them in a different formation and "hiding" in a different one.
- They retain their Blindness spell, but now it lasts for a shorter time and will be cast more than once.
- They now have the ability to "buff" themselves. While in this "buffed" state, they cannot do any of their non-arrow attacks.
They have a purple, charged Creeper-like overlay and emit purple magic particles, similar to Witches.
While "buffed", Illusioners will transform in a "poof" of magic particles when shot projectiles at, only to reappear in the same place shortly after, forcing the player to run trough their barrage of arrows and attack them directly or take cover and "wait it out".
The buffed state lasts for 10-15-20 seconds, depending on difficulty, and has a cooldown of 30-25-20 seconds, again depending on difficulty.
When killed by a player or tamed Wolf, Illusioners will drop XP, Emeralds, their Bow and the Illusion Fabric.
Placing four Illusion Fabric in a cross shape around a Bottle O'Enchanting in a crafting table grants one Mystic Cape.
The Mystic Cape looks like a cape (duh) and has a sort of "collar" similar to that of Priest Villagers. It has a texture similar to that of the Illusioner's garbs.
The Mystic Cape when worn gives the player 2 perks:
- The player now receives 25% more XP as long as the item is worn.
- A 10-15%bchance of the player "poofing" and teleporting to a narby "safe" block to avoid a projectile. This is very occassional and is more of a callback to the Illusioner's ability than an intended use of the Cape.
Like the Elytra, this comes with a reduced defense.
The Mystic Cape has a rather low durabilty, to compensate for its powerful ability, and can be repaired in an anvil with Illusion Fabric.
All Protection enchatements and Thorns do NOT work on the Mystic Cape.
Please sign in to leave a comment.