What can be better than adding useful mini tornadoes into Minecraft?
- Whirlwinds are "ambient" mobs that spawn in the over-world only at day. Their body is just a swirling particle effect and their color varies depending on the biome where they are located, for example in the desert, mesa and savanna biomes they look brown, on mountain tops and water bodies they appear white and in the plains they look gray and. Independently of the biome if one passes over a lava pool it will acquire the fire and smoke particle effect.
- They are them approximately 6 blocks high, 1.5 block wide and moving at a constant speed in a zig-zag motion, picking up items that are left on their path. They disappear when they hit a wall at least 5 blocks tall.
Spawning and behavior
- They spawn solitary or in small groups (in rare chances), in dry biomes (desert, plains, mesa, and savanna), also they appear in ocean biomes during rain making sea exploration more interesting and on the mountain tops increasing the player's risk of falling.
- Near desert temples, where they spawn in the a similar way that guardians appear near Ocean temples, just to make it a little bit more challenging the gameplay the treasure. They last for about 3 minutes, move and can't be killed by the player.
- They will move around in a single direction and throw mobs and the player around potentially causing fall damage if they get too close. They also can cause momentary blindness effect if the player is near one in the desert for more than a few seconds. If the player uses an Elytra near one, it will shoot it right up approximately 15 blocks high, and can be a natural way of altitude gain for the Elytra.
- If a whirlwind passes over a body of water there’s a chance that it throws a fish or two outside, however if one passes over a lava pool it will acquire the fire and smoke particle effect before dissipating. If the whirlwind passes over a lava lake, it can set fire to flammable blocks near it; that effect will continue for a few seconds after it passed the lava, then it will dissipate.
- If a player shoots an arrow or a trident to the whirlwind, the whirlwind will throw it back, causing the same damage as a skeleton shooting an arrow.
- The whirlwind does not destroy terrain or structures, however it has a 50% chance to change grass blocks that it steps on into dirt, destroy blocks of leaves, dead bushes, and crops, so the player has one more reason to take care of the farms.
- The wirlwind will pick up any item in its path, and rotate it around its base until the whirlwind despawns
- After one dissipates the player can find sticks and blocks of sand, dirt or gravel in the point where it de-spawned, however there is a minimal chance in which the player finds a valuable item, like a normal apple, paper, flint or strings perhaps in an ultra-rare chance a diamond or emerald.
- An easy way to gain altitude for elytra flights
Please sign in to leave a comment.