I've searched and couldn't find any "official" feature request about this. For years (literally) Realms has been where the bedrock players have been able to come together and play, not only with friends, but with new friends with like-minded Minecraft players. Bedrock Realms that range from creative to Survival, modded to vanilla, have been created and maintained by regular players who want to have a safe and enjoyable experience. We have mentioned to Helen and the other community leaders that as these realms have grown well past the 10 player limit, we need and are willing to pay for some form of "Pro" Minecraft Realm option.
Recent enhancements to the Realms serve have included backups that are made on the server, and we see this as a great step. Especially as once realms get larger doing regular backups on our own becomes much more difficult. Some of our realms have grown to as large as 3GBs in the span of months, and we have greatly welcomed this addition.
We are looking for additional options. We know that this would most lily come at some form of additional cost, and most seem ok with that if it means we will receive additional tools and supported player options. Having the option to have 20, 30, or more players on at once would be greatly appreciated. Along with tools to show us when players have logged in (our time spent on the server), tools to be able to identify player locations, additional server resources allocated for more heavy loaded realms, ability to reset chunks, remove unused chunks, or other standard "server" tools would be appreciated.
EDIT: some flushed out ideas from the MCMP group-
- Downloadable chat log file (in order to look back for anything odd that might have been mentioned)
- Player logons/logoffs (Could be part of the chat log, or perhaps a different spreadsheet )
- More player options (20, 30, + to allow for bigger events)
- Player indexes (showing current cords, maybe some base stats such as last log on realm time, etc)
- Ability to reset specific/unused chunks (to reduce world sizes, or maybe just reset the end)
- Ability to toggle higher render distances (perhaps max limits based on a “performance score” of each device as well? Could have a warning when joining a realm with a higher required score. Maybe “This realm operator is using settings higher than is recommended for your device, do you still want to join?”)
Post is closed for comments.