This is a concept for a monster mob as part of the surreal-looking ice spike biome.
- Grovel: a solitary, flat, white ray-like creature that slides facedown camouflaged through snow. Attacks the player's feet with a slowness effect. About larger than a block in width when compared to a silverfish or endermite. Drops a grovelstone and some rotten flesh.
- Grovelwraith: a taller, apparition-like variant of the Grovel. Spawns near a Grovel attacked by the player as a companion (only one will spawn per grovel.) The wraith will use an attack movement like the Vex's. Can only be killed with fire arrows and before the Grovel is killed. If the Grovel is killed first, the Grovelwraith will despawn. Drops 0-1 grovelwisp.
- Grovelstone: if crafted with a grovelwisp, it makes an Ice Spike Crystal.
- Grovelwisp: can also be brewed into a Potion of Freezing, which gives the player cold-based damage (as explained in this other post: Add a Freezing Status Effect)
- Ice Spike Crystal: when placed, it slowly generates layers of snow on top of 4 adjacent blocks, and freezes adjacent water into ice, acting as a snow & ice farm. Ice Spike Crystals only create a certain amount of snow or ice however, and will break once they reach their limit. Their durability decreases each time snow/ice is removed, causing the crystal to generate more blocks. Over time they turn a deeper shade of blue as an indicator of their current "age".
Please sign in to leave a comment.