Before adding new mobs, the existing ones must become more useful and have a purpose. Otherwise, they are nothing but causes of lag. Here are some of my thoughts and ideas on making some of these mobs useful. I am not asking for all these features to be added, but I believe some are actually great.
• Drops bear meat and leathers instead of fishes.
- When cooked, they are more fulfilling than cooked steak.
- When cooked and eaten, gives more saturation than golden carrots
(can serve as a useful item in PVP games).
• Catches fish and drops junks and treasures when these are accidentally caught.
- They catch fish under some condition, such as when they are near water, have a cub nearby, etc.
- Can serve as a non-AFK fishing item farm.
- Maybe throw caught fish to a nearby cub, similar to how villagers share food.
• When bred, spawns 2-3 slow-growing cubs at once (adds uniqueness to the mob).
• Randomly remove barks from wood blocks by punching it.
- Many real-life bears actually do this to mark their territories.
- When they do this, the existing wood becomes stripped.
• When one polar bear is attacked by a player, all nearby bears will attack (just like zombie pigmen).
- Makes farming these bears more difficult, if bear meats are being added.
• Drop one leather
- Or it can drop 0-2 bat wings that can be used to craft leather, just like rabbit hides.
• Spiders are afraid of bats
- In real life, most non-herbivore bats eat insects and spiders.
- While zombies, skeletons, and creepers have something that alters their behaviors (ex. zombies
following villagers and creepers running away from cats), spiders lack this feature. Bats can then be
used to make spider-proof structures and allow for other creative projects.
• Drop silver dust that can be used just like redstone dust
- In real life, silver is an extremely efficient conductor of electricity.
- Placed silver dust acts as redstone dust, but maintains the redstone power level.
- Can be used to make silver repeaters, which acts as redstone repeaters but sends out redstone power
that travels 45 blocks far (instead of the standard 15 blocks).