We spend a lot of times in caves in minecraft but they didn't get any new or exiting features since a long time, that's why I think a cave update is due !
Some ideas :
- Caves biomes of diferent types of caves depending on the biome it's generated into, for example : Ice caves, bats infested caves, lava caves, etc
- Stalagmite and Stalagtite in caves, should be blocky, maybe like cobblestone walls
- More mushroms in thsoe caves?
- Mobs spawning only in caves?
There is a lot that could be done so that just some ideas, also the nether is a big caves, so it could be updated at the same time !
Post is closed for comments.
You should add new ores such as amethyst
I have an idea why not every element on the periodic table and alloys that you can get. And thinking about it what about lost adventurers in the caves looking for materials.
They should make a new ore better that diamond one strong and fast the new ore name should be called dragonite ore
I like the Dragonite ore but add dragonite armor and tools then add new enchantments like Dragon protection witch will give the player every armor enchantment the sword enchantment would be called Dragon storm witch is a combo of every sword enchantment
You should add a new ore that is better then diamond in everyway and it can only be found in a certain cave biome
How about in this update add emerald tools
I'm looking forward for Stalagmite and Stalagtite in caves and specific underground biomes.
I would really love to see some of these changes:
- More types of dungeons (something more challenging than just square room with spawner and chests)
- Underground water/lava rivers with waterfalls (not just 1 random block... rivers should appear with randomized size, and their generation should somewhat look like in overworld, but with more "freedom" on Y axis)
- Small clefts inside caves (like canyons but 2-3 blocks wide)
- Water flooded caves (should have decent borders, which might be hard to code)
- Geysers (geyser blocks are the same as stone, but with small difference on top texture; they deal damage with sneaky eruption and throw player into air ~ you can't collect them even with silk touch, they will drop a regular stone/cobblestone)
- Ore-specific caves (for example, Iron Caves, with more Iron inside)
- Webs which behave like spawners but at very slow rate ( for example, 1 spider / 1 minecraft day)
- Gas blocks (same as air, but causes chain of explosions if touches anything hot like lava/fire/torch etc) They appear almost invisible (hard to see) until you drink Night Vision Potion. With this potion effect you might see cloudy effect going on, indicating gas.
You can also use flint and steel to burn these blocks, but be careful since it explodes right away, and surrounding gas blocks explode as well. Explosion deals less damage to creatures (compared to TNT) but more damage to blocks causing them to disappear completely without any drop
You should update the dungeons because they are so old and maybe add some new ores and mobs that only spawn in caves!Registered User commented
- Report a Concern
- Comment actions Permalink
I'd love it if they could make it so that spiders climb with their legs and not their faces...
Everyone in the community says in mojang’s face we want that update*. Mojang:I think people want the cave update.Nah.Im gonna add it in 3 updates.
I would love to see rubies or trapiche emeralds as some sort of item you can use for magic / enchanting purposes. Maybe a new type of workstation where instead of lapis you can use either of the earlier named materials to add spells to books could come along with that (e.g. books that you can ''consume'' to highlight entities and players around you, like spectral arrows do).
More ores would be nice! So does mobs, dungeons and a new look to cave systems will do too. Just to change the pace of the game that’s all!
Ice and lava caves!!
I think it would be really great if there could be mineshafts that aren't abandoned. There could be miner npc's similar to villager that go around the mineshaft mining ores and building the rail system. You could trade with these miners to get ores and trade ores and maybe some type of ore that you can only get from them to make some special pickaxe. I also liked someone elses idea about ghost miners or some other type of undead miner and it could be cool to add them to abandoned mineshafts. Thanks!
A Cave Update should add:
• Biome-specific caves (with ice and snow generating on the surface of snowy Biomes caves, sandstone and red sandstone in desert and badlands caves, water and vines in swamp caves)
• Biome-specific dungeons spawners (with strays instead of skeletons in snowy biomes, with husks instead of zombies in desert caves, with cave spiders instead of spiders in badlands caves, with drowneds instead of zombies in ocean caves.
• Gold and iron ores in Nether caves
• Grass-like variant for End stone (like the "netherrack grass" in the Nether Update) to make more distinguishable the caves in the End
• An End-only silver ore that is not used for normal toolsRegistered User commented
- Report a Concern
- Comment actions Permalink
what about glow worms? They would dangle from the ceiling like bats do and wiggle around a bit. They could be used to craft some sort of fertiliser to increase the growth and/or turnover of crops and to make a new light source? Perhaps you could make your armour glow to be able to see around you, or eat one to make yourself glow but with a weak poison effect?
We need to add a all new type of cave system actually known as the crystal cave update. In this cave there will be diamonds, iron and gold ore. You will also find crystal blocks everwhere (they provide light) the only way you can mine them is with a silk touch pick axe. There should be muliple colours (primary colours) and you should be able to mix them together. I Believe there should be an oge garding it that you have to kill.
Thanks muchly xxxRegistered User commented
- Report a Concern
- Comment actions Permalink
A new type of villager? the miner? has the ability to mine blocks and sell what it finds.
Think this would fit well.
Caves do need an update i feel like adding more ores that are better than diamonds could be added to craft new items and armor and if caves could have more shapes like adding slabs that are generated in the caves new mobs to would be cool to and one more thing i think that mines that aren't abandoned would be awsome thanks for makeing a awesome game # best game ever!!!
Verdad la cuevas no son muy emocionantes y a mi también me gustaría que las actualizaran
I think that in abandoned mine shafts there should be a increased amount of skeletons, but they are wearing golden helmets to reassemble mining hats/hard hats
If nee ores are added, copper could be a really cool option for another Redstone type of thing. The behavior difference would be like slime blocks and honey blocks. Copper wire wouldn't affect redstone dust and vice versa unless a repeater or some new block connected them. Not sure how power indication would work though. Maybe a little light in the center?
Maybe some ores including copper, lead, tin, and tungsten. Maybe you could take these ingots and melt them down further in a tungsten furnace (so as not the melt the furnace itself). You could mix these melted metals to create things like steel or bronze. Just some ideas. Thanks for hearing me out!
I think they should definitely add gems and ruby to caves update mineshafts make dungeons bigger and bobitraped and maybe add ores that you can only physically to that cave biome and add more armour
I have a few ideas for this upcoming (hopefully) update that includes a few ideas for cave generation, structures, mobs and gameplay aspects:
-This is a big one: I don't know much about coding, and I'm not gonna pretend I do, but what I do know is that the nether generates spectacularly. So, I was wondering if you could incorporate that into the cave generation system (obviously replacing the netherrack with stone etc.). As well as making it so that not only does the terrain infinitely generate on the x and z axes but also on the y-axis, allowing this nether generation effect to be amplified the deeper you go. And also maybe making it so that only starts about 1 or 2 hundred blocks below ground so that the classic caves are also there, and you don't immediately drop into a vast lava-filled cavern.
-Now these are some mobs that maybe you guys can add: Worms that swallow blocks and attack the player (found deep), stone golems that can only be crafted with a special ore, and are vulnerable to pickaxes, villagers underground that trade you rare resources in exchange for things only found aboveground and a whole host of hostile and passive mobs
-It would also be really cool to see some classic structures get refurbished, such as dungeons and abandoned mineshafts by adding some traps and changing the look and size, as well as adding things like underground civilizations where those villagers and maybe even stone golems can be found.
-This has a bit to do with the first one, but it would also be pretty awesome if there were different types of underground biomes, such as the huge lava filled caverns, narrow but long caves, worm nests and maybe even super rare ore pockets filled with magnificent crystals.
-Some new ores would be really nice to add too, like citrine, turquoise and amethyst as well as some made up ones crystals as well. With uses such as being crafted into armor, weapons, and maybe even consumables as well as adding different types of furnaces and fuels capable of smelting different ores.
-And lasts but not least: Traps that set off rolling stones which chase after the player, damaging blocks that they run into. This would serve as a cool touch and a homage to a classic movie.
It would be really cool to see some of this added to the game, and I hope this comment finds you well.
Underground villages of miners found in ravines or mineshafts
I would love to see a new type of cave boss and cave generated spiders nests ect.
I think this is good but mabye adding a few more ores may be better like copper and salt ore under water
If u add these updates minecraft will be my favorte game EVER
dead miners and a rare skellton bird cause of they sent birds in to see about gas leeks in the abandoned mine shaft and some kind of small mushroom camp that used to be like the sleeping camp for the miners but then they died and turned in to this mushroom zombie and skeleton that gives u that effect of dizzyness when shot
I think we need a cave update very badly!