Leather mechanics need an update
I propose the following changes to leather mechanics in Minecraft.
- Rabbits should drop 0-1 Small Hide, unaffected by Looting
- Llamas and Hoglins should drop 0-1 Large Hide, unaffected by Looting
- Cows, Mooshrooms, Donkeys, Horses, and Mules should drop 0-2 Large Hide, unaffected by Looting
- Small Hide and Large Hide should be craftable into 1 and 2 Leather respectively
- This Leather item would retain all current Leather functionality
Here’s how this would impact the game.
- Leather armor would become a viable option for early game survival Minecraft. To make a full set of leather armor, a player would now need to kill an average of only 12 cows, not 24. (The restriction on Looting prevents this from becoming OP in the late game)
- Rabbit Hide – now Small Hide – would become useful as individual items, not just in sets of four.
- The inconsistency between Rabbits having a specialized "hide" drop while other mobs have a generalized "leather" drop would be fixed
Thank you very much for reading my idea!
Please sign in to leave a comment.