THIS EVENT HAS ENDED.
MINECRAFT POCKET REALMS PHOTO CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
COMMON TERMS USED IN THESE RULES: These are the official rules that govern how the Minecraft Pocket Realms Photo Contest promotion will operate (“Contest”). In these rules, “we,” “our,” and “us” refer to Microsoft Corporation, the sponsor of this Contest. “You” refers to an eligible Contest entrant.
CONTEST DESCRIPTION: This is a creativity-based Contest. The object of this Contest is to provide a picture of yourself playing Minecraft in a unique location and submit proof by taking a photo and submitting it to the Twitter account https://twitter.com/Marc_IRL.
WHAT ARE THE START AND END DATES? This Contest starts at 5:00 a.m. Pacific Time (PT) on August 1, 2016, and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on August 5, 2016 (“Entry Period”).
CAN I ENTER? You are eligible to enter this Contest if you meet the following requirements at time entry:
• You are a legal resident of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, or the following countries: Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, United Kingdom, The Netherlands, Ireland, Canada, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Israel, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, United Arab Emirates, Aaland Islands, Andorra, Afghanistan, Albania, Austria, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Egypt, Faroe Islands, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greenland, Guernsey, Iran, Iraq, Italy, Jersey, Jordan, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Montenegro, Oman, Pakistan, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Republic of Moldova, Russian Federation, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Spain, Svalbard and Jan Mayen Islands, Switzerland, Syrian Arab Republic, The Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Vatican City State, Yemen; and are 18 years of age or older. If you are 18 of age or older, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, you should ask your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to submitting an entry into this Contest; and
• You are NOT an employee of Microsoft Corporation or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary; and
• You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Contest; and
• You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse/domestic partner, child) or household member of a Microsoft/Mojang employee, an employee of a Microsoft/Mojang subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Contest. This Contest is void outside the geographic area described above and wherever else prohibited by law.
HOW DO I ENTER? To enter, you must do all of the following within the Entry Period: 1.) Take an original photo which contains the following elements (this all must be in a single photo with no compositing or photo editing): i. A device screen showing the game Minecraft being played. ii. The location where you are playing is clearly visable. 2.) Submit the picture to the Twitter account https://twitter.com/Marc_IRL (“Entry”). The information you provide will only be used for administering the Promotion and to contact you if you are a winner. While you may enter as often as you like, there will only be one winner per person and per household. We are not responsible for Entries that we do not receive for any reason, or for Entries that we receive but are not decipherable for any reason. We will automatically disqualify any incomplete or illegible Entry and Entries which exceed the Entry limit.
WHAT CONSTITUTES AN ELIGIBLE ENTRY? To be eligible an Entry must meet the following content / technical requirements: In addition:
• your entry must be your own original work; and
• your entry cannot have been selected as a winner in any other contest; and
• you must have obtained any and all consents, approvals or licenses required for you to submit your entry; and
• your entry may not include any third party trademarks (logos, names) or copyrighted materials (music, images, video, recognizable people) unless you have obtained permission to use the materials. You may include Microsoft/Mojang trademarks, logos, and designs, for which Microsoft/Mojang grants you a limited license to use for the sole purposes of submitting an entry into this Contest. Entries may NOT contain, as determined by us, in our sole and absolute discretion, any content that:
• is sexually explicit, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic;
• promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing) or a particular political agenda;
• is obscene or offensive;
• defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
• communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which we wish to associate; and/or violates any law; We reserve the right to reject any entry, in our sole and absolute discretion, that we determine does not meet the above criteria.
WINNER DETERMINATION AND PRIZES: On or around the close of the Entry Period, a panel of judges will review all eligible Entries received and determine the winner from the eligible Entries posted by time/date stamp based on Twitter’s website to receive a prize. (1) Prize: A Minecraft Pocket Realms Year Subscription. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) $90.00. If you are a potential winner, we will notify you by sending a private message via Twitter provided at time of entry within seven (7) days following completion of judging. If the notification that we send is returned as undeliverable, or you are otherwise unreachable for any reason, we may award to a runner-up. If there is a dispute as to who is the potential winner, we will consider the potential winner to be the authorized account holder of the Twitter account used to enter the Contest. If you are a potential winner, we may require you to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and a W-9 tax form or W-8 BEN tax form within 10 days of notification. If you complete a tax form, you will be issued an IRS Form 1099 the following January, for the actual value of the prize. You are advised to seek independent counsel regarding the tax implications of accepting a prize. If you are a potential winner and you are 18 or older, but are considered a minor in your place of legal residence, we may require your parent or legal guardian to sign all required forms on your behalf. If you do not complete the required forms as instructed and/or return the required forms within the time period listed on the winner notification message, we may disqualify you and select a runner-up. If you are confirmed as a winner of this Contest:
• You may not exchange your prize for cash or any other merchandise or services. However, if for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value; and
• You may not designate someone else as the winner. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, we may award it to a runner up; and
• If you accept a prize, you will be solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes related to accepting the prize; and
• If you are otherwise eligible for this Contest, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, we may award the prize to your parent/legal guardian on your behalf; and
• Unless otherwise noted, all prizes are subject to their manufacturer’s warranty and / or terms and conditions. Limit one prize per person.
WHAT OTHER CONDITIONS AM I AGREEING TO BY ENTERING? By entering this Contest you agree:
• To abide by these Official Rules; and
• To release and hold harmless Microsoft/Mojang and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Contest, or any prize won; and
• That Microsoft’s/Mojang’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Contest; and
• That, by accepting a prize, Microsoft/Mojang may use of your proper name and state of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Contest, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law.
WHAT LAWS GOVERN THE WAY THIS CONTEST IS EXECUTED AND ADMINISTRATED? This Contest will be governed by the laws of the State of Washington, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of Washington for any disputes arising out of this Contest.
WHAT IF SOMETHING UNEXPECTED HAPPENS AND THE CONTEST CAN’T RUN AS PLANNED? If someone cheats, or a virus, bug, bot, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, (also referred to as force majeure) affects the fairness and / or integrity of this Contest, we reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend this Contest. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Contest, we reserve the right to select winners from among all eligible entries received before we had to cancel, change or suspend the Contest. If you attempt or we have strong reason to believe that you have compromised the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Contest by cheating, hacking, creating a bot or other automated program, or by committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we may disqualify you, and ban you from participating in any of our future Contests, so please play fairly.
HOW CAN I FIND OUT WHO WON? We will post the names of the winner who received the prize online at https://twitter.com/Marc_IRL
WHO IS SPONSORING THIS CONTEST? Microsoft Corporation One Microsoft Way Redmond, WA 98052