Last updated: August 25, 2017
You will need to own the digital version of the game. Disc owners cannot participate in the beta but will receive the update when it fully releases this Autumn.
Joining the Minecraft Beta on Xbox One:
- Go to the Store app on Xbox One
- Search for the Xbox Insider Hub app
- Download and install Xbox Insider Hub
- Launch the Xbox Insider Hub
- Navigate to Insider content > Minecraft Beta
- Select Join
If the beta does not appear in the Insider Hub app, please contact Xbox Support.
Below is a list of issues that players may run into on the Minecraft beta for Xbox One. The team is aware of these issues and are addressing them for future beta updates and the full release of Better Together. Please report all other bugs to http://bugs.mojang.com and send all feedback to http://feedback.minecraft.net. Thanks!
- NOTE: Converted worlds are copies from Minecraft: Xbox One Edition worlds, so your original world files will not be affected by the conversion process
- If you experience any issues with your converted world, highlight the world on the main menu and press the Y button to upload it to the Minecraft test team
- Maps held in-hand or in item frames might not render properly on converted worlds
- Occasional crashes when trying to join a server
- Crashes may occur when split-screen players join, leave, or sign out of Xbox Live
- Crashes when entering and leaving the Nether
- Suspending the game and returning to the Xbox Home screen will cause the game to crash
- Joining a third-party server in split-screen will crash the game
- Performance dips when entering and leaving the Nether
- The host of a game will briefly lag when players join their game
- Some delays occur with Redstone circuits updating
- All first party DLC is not yet in the marketplace. We are working on getting it all in there.
- Previous DLC purchases from Minecraft: Xbox One Edition do not yet carry over to the Xbox beta
- Split-screen multiplayer is not yet working for third-party servers
- Guest account names may not appear properly
- The item hotbar will appear below the screen safe area when playing horizontal split-screen