Chat about Java Edition here!

What do YOU think about the new textures?

We have a new category here- "Jappa's New Textures". This is where you can put all of your comments & feedback about the new default texture pack for Minecraft. You can also reply to this post if you want as well. Either way, we want your feedback! :)

367 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminMinecraftStaff (Community Managers, Minecraft.net) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1105 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • LogX7 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love this pack, but the only thing I would change would be when you equip chain amour, I feel like not many people get chain amour, so they don't see it, but personally It just looks weird with the dense part at the top of every piece, Though I still love this pack, it would be nice if there was a legacy version that came pre installed with the game.
    Thank you and I think the artist did some amazing jobs :)

• Boti6666666666 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the only stuff that I don't like are thr gold, diamond and emerald blocks
    all the other stuff are great
    :) love this texture pack :)

• JustinBustin5 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Beautiful! Especially Obsidian And Cobblestone! The Top Of A Crafting Table Is A Little Odd Though. Other Than That It Is Amazing!

• TheBeaver102 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Stone hoe texture is messed up. The dark part of the stick uses the dark stone color instead of the dark stick color.

Also the same problem with Gold hoes and Iron hoes. Diamond + Wood ones seem to be fine.

• OneBryant1111 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the new textures are ugly, the old ones are better, if you're gonna change the textures, stay with the design, nice and simple, don't go all out with the shading, as long as you stay with the style I'll be pleased

• NormalGurpreet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I prefer the current default textures we have, if anything make all the new textures an option for the new version of Minecraft that way everyone is happy

• fujimite commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

First and most important thing. Please, please add a legacy texture pack in if you revamp the textures. Some of us prefer the old textures and it would be nice if both texture packs just came pre-installed with the game. As for the new textures...
    I don't like the new glass textures. It doesn't repeat well for big windows. Also, the minecarts and oak leaves aren't too good. They both seem too detailed, at least to me. The other new textures are all pretty good though.

• Anomallaneous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I enjoy the 2nd version of the updated textures a tiny bit more than the original, but I think it would be best if users could choose between 1 of 3 (or more) default textures in the options section for the Java version.

Anyway, nice work.

• xXEmnioXx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm unsure whether that's in your range of possibilities for standard resource packs, but I recommend turning down the opacity a good bit on the shimmering parts of glass textures, so it's actually entirely see-through but retains the effect of it being glass.
    As of right now, those shimmering corners are just kind of in the way and look sort of too oversaturated for their own good.
    As a little suggestion for plank blocks, try making the trim lines between the single "planks" on the blocks a tiny bit darker, because right now you have to look REALLY closely to even noticed those trim lines are there at all.

• BarrelIvy314993 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a 2011 player ... so perhaps I'm a little biased but I love the original textures please add a legacy texture/resource pack.

• Bonfra04 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

surely version 2 is better than version 1 but I still prefer the current ones, perhaps for nostalgia, or maybe they are really better

• Cameronpb01 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the version 2 textures, and i'm really excited for them to officially release. All the blocks are just smoother and more vibrant in a way that seems to allow more block combinations for building. And blocks like netherrack and obsidian are just a lot easier on the eyes than previously. I think you have done an excellent job and I look forward to the release.

• Megaskizzen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh yeah I had an idea earlier that might be neat. Not feedback on the new pack, but still texture-related. Not sure if you're the one to go to on this as this may be more of a programming issue than a texture one, but what if there were zombies that looked like Alex? All of them look like Steve so far. Good variety, would probably make a big mob of zombies look much less homogenous, even w/ villager zombies mixed in there. They'd be more lively (in an aesthetic way not in a non-undead way. they still look dead)

• SentientBot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most of it all seems fine. The main part I wanted to offer feedback on was glass.

When seeing little houses, almost any glass texture can look okay or not too bad. I don't seen a lot of the work on glass taking into account big glass structures - domes, massive glass walls, full glass ceilings... These are all areas where "streaks" really hurt. It's completely okay if you are looking to do something different, but at least when showing it off / testing it, be aware and hopefully use some of the very typical very large glass structures that exist out here in the wild.

• PixelGaming13 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will say, and this might be because I just love the old graphics, but honestly, I want the textures to stay the same. However, we all remember the old graphics from Alpha, and those changed. I'm betting it'll be like that, in any case, keep updating them until they work. The stone has gotten smoother and blends in with other blocks much more nicely now. I just hope that the new graphics still have some nostalgia.

• JakeTBone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I HATE the new textures. I like the original textures better. The game won't be the same with the new textures. I've had the game since the 1.4 update, a.k.a.: The Pretty Scary Update.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 55 56

Feedback and Knowledge Base