Minecraft Java Edition

Chat about anything and everything for Minecraft Java Edition!

Chat about Java Edition here!

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. What do YOU think about the new textures?

We have a new category here- "Jappa's New Textures". This is where you can put all of your comments & feedback about the new default texture pack for Minecraft. You can also reply to this post if you want as well. Either way, we want your feedback! :)

367 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

admin post  ·  1105 comments  ·  Jappa's New Textures  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Beacon Effect

I'd love to see a beacon effect that stopped mobs from spawning within the range of the beacon. It would open up so many new possibilities for building with different lighting and not having to worry about spawns but at the same time it wouldn't be over powered due to having to get a beacon to use it. I know using certain blocks and lighting prevents spawning but it also limits creativity in survival. One beacon with this effect would open up limitless creative possibilities in survival Minecraft. The larger the beacon tower the less likely the chance of mob…

62 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. /gamerule oldPvP

A gamerule that brings back 1.8 pvp instead of 1.9+ pvp

/gamerule oldPvP true
    or
    /gamerule AttackCoolDown false

Or something like that

196 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Suggestions and feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Kraken Boss in 1.13

My idea is to add a Kraken Boss in Minecraft 1.13. He would live in a cave, not far from the wreck of the boat he sank. The Kraken would be asleep until the player gets too close to him or attacks him. Then the fight is launched, a bossbar appears. His attacks would be:
    - Ink Jets: The kraken draws blinding ink.
    - Attack with the tentacles: The kraken attacks the player with his tentacles.
    -To catch the player: the kraken uses his tentacles to catch the player.

The trident will be the best way to defeat him.

That's…

53 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Suggestions and feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Swords ignore grass

So, you are fighting a baby zombie in a field as you explore. Here is the problem. It's full of grass. Don't cry yet, my horror story isn't over. All you have is your expensive super enchanted diamond sword and it has low durability. Do you dare attack it with your sword, knowing it will just hit the grass and lose durability? Do you switch to your fists and still do nothing?

Sorry if you are unable to sleep tonight due to that nightmare, but you must come to grips with the fact that it is real. This is no…

134 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Suggestions and feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Autojump feature should be turned OFF by default period

I am hearing about the new feedback system you guys have. This is fantastic when it comes to development which I think got a little cut off after Microsoft came around.

Having an autojump feature in mobile and console versions is esential but when it comes to pc it is totally trivial. We totally understand that younger players might not adapt to the keyboard that well so autojump might be easier for them.

But most of users dislike auto jump and turn it off for accuracy. So please set the default settings for auto jump to be turned off. Yes…

104 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Suggestions and feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. A type of redstone that can be placed on walls

A type of redstone that can be placed on walls. It is called sticky redstone. It adds a whole new level of redstone circuits people can make and is extremely useful. This allows for more successful and fun redstone. It is split up into four quarters of a block allowing for so many possibilities. So it can be placed into four sections of a block making it more customizable and fun when placing redstone. Another thing is sticky repeaters and comparators which can be placed on walls and ceilings.

103 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Vex should get insta-killed from smite,not sharpness

Yes,I know that vex is created from spell,but there is a spell called necromancy.so you see,vex look clearly like a ghost,and ghost is undead.would it be weird for a undead mob to get insta-killed from sharpness,not smite?i feel like that vex should get insta-killed from smite,not sharpness,and it would make perfect sense

30 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Suggestions and feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Things should be changed or added.

Changes
    1) 1.7 combat and able to attack through grass, sugar cane, flowers, and dead bushes
    2) Bring back the old ‘classic’ interface where when you tap on the item it appears as if you actually took it off the interface. Also make it so it doesn’t freeze *see vid*
    ______
    Add
    1) Paint - for painting blocks
    2) Weather patterns or disasters
    3) Mobs - A flying neutral mob that can be tamed as a pet and ridden - guards that you can assign to an area, but you have to give them weapons like a bow, trident, sword,…

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Stop With The "Animal Cruelty" Nonsense

Having sharks in Minecraft would not encourage people to go up to sharks in real life any more than having wild, tameable wolves does. Sharks in Minecraft would also not encourage people to kill sharks in real life any more than polar bears encourage people to kill polar bears in real life.

This situation is very different from the "Cookies & Parrots" situation because:

1. Parrots are a somewhat-common household pet that many people have access to.
    2. The issue (the game encouraging players to feed parrots a cookies, which are poisonous) was an issue because people wouldn't otherwise know…

30 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Can you guys bring back the old textures?

First of all, not trying to sound negative or like I'm bashing someone. These are my personal thoughts.

The new textures I feel make a lot of the blocks look very flat and unappealing to the eye. The old texture pack added a lot of depth and dimension to all the bricks. If the new textures could add as well a new idea or a new look on depth and dimension, I think it would be much more appealing to many.

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Jappa's New Textures  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add new skeleton pirate mob to minecraft

It will be in shipwrecks or underwater dungeons to protect the heart of the ocean.

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Piranha fish

It's night....in the jungle....in the river....OH NO. PIRANHA!

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Suggestions and feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. new dimension

new portal that is in marine temples that takes you to the dimension of dreams with different physics and new giant boss and new mobs and that is phantom home

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Featured Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I love the 1.9 combat system!

Many hate it because they never tried it and they love peer pressure.

1.9 combat adds combat strategy making it more competitive and it also removes the HUGE disatvantage having higher ping (feels like lower range). The offhand adds new strategy as well, but the bow should be a two-handed weapon honestly. Its too overpowered having a bow and a sword at once. Or maybe an arrow would be required in the offhand (would make it a bit annoying, could the well-known quiver be the solution? :D).

46 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Suggestions and feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Adding Butterflies into Minecraft

I am a very young but enthusiastic Minecraft player. I would like to have butterflies in Minecraft. I long for it more then one year. I drew a picture with crayons, so you can have it much easier to implement butterflies.
    Thank you very much.
    Emil

30 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Mods For console

Hi,
    I know i am not the only person who wants mods on console it would be great and most likely the best ting for minecraft, The best mods are
    -Pet mod
    -backpack mod
    -Super hero mod
    -Orespawn mod
    Thank you for listening to my ideas i would really hope to see these mods in minecraft console edition thank you

72 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 176 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. New Ore!

Along with the aquatic update, why not introduce a new type of Ore? The Titanium crystal is a transluctent Ore found near bedrock in Deep ocean biomes. It is very rare, and spawns once or never in each chunk. When found it gives a lot of xp, and can be crafted into a tool that can help you find ores by beeping when you get closer to them! Not only that, but a Titanium Block, crafted with 9 titanium crystals, is a glorious looking block with its shining & transluctent texture, able to power a beacon. Thanks for reading please…

146 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow old 1.7 combat mechanics & Remove multiplayer EULA server blacklist

An optional way for servers to revert back to 1.7 mechanics and finally be able to update to the latest versions. Many of us do want to update but the combat stops us. Hence why a lot of servers remain on 1.8 or even 1.7.

Your server blacklist is ineffective. Simply remove it. Allow servers to monetize as they wish and people will be more motivated for content creation which largely contributed to the success of what you now call Java edition.

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Suggestions and feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 165 166

Minecraft Java Edition

Feedback and Knowledge Base