Minecraft Java Edition

Chat about anything and everything for Minecraft Java Edition!

Chat about Java Edition here!

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. What do YOU think about the new textures?

We have a new category here- "Jappa's New Textures". This is where you can put all of your comments & feedback about the new default texture pack for Minecraft. You can also reply to this post if you want as well. Either way, we want your feedback! :)

165 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

admin post  ·  734 comments  ·  Jappa's New Textures  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to Switch between 1.8 and 1.9 PvP in new versions

The way PvP works is just too large an issue with many popular servers, and I feel like it should be remedied. My idea is simple: a setting that allows you to switch between 1.8 and 1.9 and on PvP styles. This would also be part of the server.properties file, therefore forcing the chosen PvP style on all members of the server without clunky, laggy plugins. This would help so many servers finally move on from supporting 1.8 and use all the newer features to their full extent. Please consider adding this in a future update, this would be very…

139 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Suggestions and feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please, Bring Back 1.8 PVP

The majority of the Minecraft community would love the PVP to be reverted back or close to the 1.8 PVP. Maybe you can add a gamerule which controls it! I really love the new blocks but hate the PVP which keeps me and others from updating!

Mojang! We really want this!

51 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Suggestions and feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Old PvP Mechanics

Bring back old fishing rod, old velocity, old blockhit, old pvp mechanics, old sprinting.

If you do it then like 100,000 people that haven't yet will switch to your new version.
    Please do it. I beg

Please

32 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Suggestions and feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The Needed Minecraft Update

Minecraft Suggestions for Java Edition

Mobs >
    1. Giant (Found in Aether.)
    2. Red Dragon (Very rarely found in Aether.)
    3. Fish.
    4. Steve (As an ultra-rare mob found randomly throughout the world mining, farming, or other. Passive.)
    5. Herobrine (As an ultra-rare boss found in the Nether near a new structure named the Nether Mansion.)
    6. Pandas.
    7. Turtles.
    8. Reindeer.
    9. Musician villager.
    10. Miner villager.
    11. Koalas
    12. Overfed Sheep, Pigs, Cows, and etc.
    13. Magma Bugs. (Silverfish found in Nether that set you on fire.)

Blocks >
    1. Crying Obsidian found randomly in the Nether. (Decorative…

104 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Suggestions and feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Switch pvp back to or have an option for 1.7 pvp instead of 1.8 or 1.9

Please. I have played this game since 2010 and many of the people I play with (on 1.7) have aswell. There are 10s of thousands of people stuck on the old versions because they hate the changes to combat made in 1.8 and 1.9. Keep combat as it was exactly in 1.7 or add an option to go back. We want blockhitting, not white hearts, no shields. People on servers like Badlion and Arcane or on MineHQ and Kohi years ago HATE the new pvp. We want to bring the HCF gamemode to the new versions where new players can…

27 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Suggestions and feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bring back 1.7 PvP or atleast add a gamerule for servers

If you were part of the combat community you would know that everybody hates 1.9+ PvP. I think there should be atleast a gamerule to satisfy both communities.

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Suggestions and feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 81 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. We need 1.7/1.8 pvp in servers (blockhit with swords by code allow, in survival is good /pvpmode command please)

I bought minecraft for the pvp, and they took it from me in an update, I feel cheated.
    I keep playing alone thanks to hypixel who has managed to stay on top, not as mojang.

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Suggestions and feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Improved Resource Pack Loading for Servers and Maps

Hi,
    Having played on more and more servers and custom maps that are introducing their own resource pack to add new content to games I think it would be amazing if Mojang could improve the loading of the ResourcePack.

This could be done by loading the resources require on the login / loading screen and letting players know what is happening.

This would also help with EULA compliance for Java Edition servers as they can use the packs to sell more cosmetic features.

Many players have issues loading server / map side resource packs which can freeze their computers causing…

31 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Suggestions and feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. /gamerule oldPvP

A gamerule that brings back 1.8 pvp instead of 1.9+ pvp

/gamerule oldPvP true
    or
    /gamerule AttackCoolDown false

Or something like that

18 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Suggestions and feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. New Ore!

Along with the aquatic update, why not introduce a new type of Ore? The Titanium crystal is a transluctent Ore found near bedrock in Deep ocean biomes. It is very rare, and spawns once or never in each chunk. When found it gives a lot of xp, and can be crafted into a tool that can help you find ores by beeping when you get closer to them! Not only that, but a Titanium Block, crafted with 9 titanium crystals, is a glorious looking block with its shining & transluctent texture, able to power a beacon. Thanks for reading please…

47 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Water Predator update (Leo Rato Gamer)

Here are some Brazilian ideas, it can be very difficult to add, but have any possibility of any of these things being added?

It would be really cool to have a shark while living an adventure on a boat across the ocean

Already the marshes, only had house of witches, something that would combine with the biome would be crocodiles, leaving the biome more adventurous

The idea would be an added version of aquatic animals, it could be 2 animals being shark and crocodile

Sorry, I'm from Brazil, I do not speak English, I'm using a translator.

260 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Bring back 1.8 pvp

Alright just hear me out here. What if there was a gamrule thing that would change stuff back to the old combat. Attack cooldown hit boxes block hitting and other stuff. For me I’m reluctant to update behind 1.8 for pvp because of how slow paced and boring the combat can be. I liked it much better when you could get insane combos and combat was more skill based.

16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Messenger Parrots

A new way of delivering things or messages to another players in the world without having to walk (I don't know why you would use this for messages if you have the chat). You write a book or get an item and give it to your parrot to deliver it to a specific player, and it takes some time depending the distance.

105 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Dream Dimention

When we sleep after drink a "BetterDreamsPotions" we can enter in a new dimention "The Dream Dimention" with a floatings islands (placed on clouds block), new boss, new guardians of this dimention (like endermans and ender), new building blocks, new items (arms, loots and more..) and for return in the reality we need die ^^ just an proposition by @Enely_ you'r best fan

27 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Suggestions and feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I love the 1.9 combat system!

Many hate it because they never tried it and they love peer pressure.

1.9 combat adds combat strategy making it more competitive and it also removes the HUGE disatvantage having higher ping (feels like lower range). The offhand adds new strategy as well, but the bow should be a two-handed weapon honestly. Its too overpowered having a bow and a sword at once. Or maybe an arrow would be required in the offhand (would make it a bit annoying, could the well-known quiver be the solution? :D).

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Suggestions and feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Rose gold and Copper

I believe that currently there is too little ores to play with, and we also don't have any other protection items other than armour. I believe that adding in Copper would greatly improve the game. I will explain my idea below;

Copper can be used to make tools that are the same strength as iron, but break quicker. It can also be made into rings. I will explain these below. It would be a little bit rarer than iron and would be found around the same layer as iron. Copper would spawn in clusters of up to 4. It needs…

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Suggestions and feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. electronics update (1.13)

hello world! today i am showing you what i think should be in minecraft like...NOW!some features are...Microsoft laptop (windows1,windows2,windows3,windows4,windows5,windows6,windows7,windows8,windows8.1,windows9,windows10,windows vista,windows pro(for all versions),mac book,mac,all in one computer(windows1,windows2,windows3,windows4,windows5,windows6,windows7,windows8,windows8.1,windows9,windows10,windows vista,windows pro(for all versions),printer,flash
    drive,keyboard+screen+mouse,tower(computer in all colors),old TV,4k widescreen TV,TV stand (with TV on it),keyboard/piano,electric guitar,toaster,blender,microwave,ceiling fan,ceiling lights,radio,alarm clock,power line,DVD player,blue ray player,Xbox 360,Xbox one,Xbox one s,Xbox one x,ps1,ps2,ps3,ps4,iPhone,iphone2,iphone3,iphone4,iphone5,iphone6,iphone7,iphone8,windows1 phone,windows2 phone,windows3 phone,windows4 phone,windows5 phone,windows6 phone,windows7 phone,windows8 phone,windows8.1 phone,windows9 phone,windows10 phone,and last but not least the Linux computer/laptop (sorry if details were soooooooooo long!!!)minecraft rocks but it can get better and this will help it do just that!thanks and please add this amazing…

16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Smarter Mob AI - Making mobs more interesting and adding life to the game :)

Mob AI is currently okay, but not all that interesting.

I have some ideas for how mobs could be made smarter and maybe make survival more fun; perhaps some behaviors could be linked to Normal or Hard difficulties, or maybe Hardcore mode.

To start off with, pathfinding in Bedrock Edition needs tweaks; a Creeper tried to swim towards me in a pool while being pushed back by flowing water, though it could have easily taken a path around it on land like mobs do in Java Edition.

New Behaviors:

All Mobs - If shot at, either the arrow hitting them…

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Suggestions and feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 145 146
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base