Minecraft General

Chat about anything and everything Minecraft! If you have a suggestion for a specific edition, select it on the right-hand menu.

Chat about all things Minecraft here!

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support Linux on Bedrock engine

MCPE (or MCBC, if you want to use that acronym, which is derived from the official name, "Bedrock Codebase", which refers to the shared codebase of Pocket, Win10, & related editions) could become the best Minecraft edition ever... the one to surpass both the Java Edition and the current Console Editions. It has official VR support, add-ons, (soon) plugins, cross-platform multiplayer/content compatibility, and all sorts of other neat features.

Unfortunately, MCBC/MCPE/C++ Edition is currently only available on one desktop platform: Windows 10. Well, almost. Education Edition (an education-specialized port of Bedrock Codebase) runs on macOS, and I guess that a…

504 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

61 comments  ·  Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Treasure Maps and Chests!

I'm a huge fan of adventuring and finding loot in Minecraft. I've always had this idea that there could be a villager (much like a cartographer, or even the cartographer themselves) that has a Treasure Map trade, and this treasure map works just like a woodland mansion map but has an X marks the spot. When you finally discover the location, it is up to you to dig in a certain vicinity of an area to find a chest! The chest could also have its own unique design that you can only get from treasure hunted chests! I really look…

45 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Suggestions for all versions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Minecraft's Oceans - Why they're dissapointing and how they can be better.

MINECRAFT'S MEDIOCRE OCEAN AND HOW TO MAKE IT BETTER

AN ESSAY OR SOMETHING

Dear Mojang –

Hello. This will probably get lost in the swarm of suggestions, but hear me out, because the stuff I’m suggesting will (I think) benefit the game and its fanbase quite largely.

A sizable, yet sadly underutilized chunk of Minecraft are the game’s oceans. As of writing this (1.11.2) the oceans of Minecraft harbor a sparse, vast expanse of gravel, squid, and the occasional Ocean Monument. Typically, that wouldn’t really be a problem – most people build on solid ground, and the few people that…

70 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Colored lamps or lanterns

A step beyond torches, possibly made with coal/charcoal and iron and glass and dye, not just for enhancing building but also for marking different directions or locations at night

70 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Suggestions for all versions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add more mobs and mob variations

I have always liked the fact the minecraft has semi-realistic mobs. However there just isn't much variation, apart from llamas, horses, cats, rabbits, and parrots. My suggestion is do this with chickens, cows, pigs. Like make black, brown and gold chickens. Make solid colored and black and white cows. Make black and white pigs. Enough with mob variation. Now I think MORE mobs should be added.
    List:
    -Ducks
    -Dolphins
    -Sharks
    -Owls
    -Rays(Manta rays,Stingrays)
    -Foxes
    -Primates(Chimps, Gorilla, Orangutans)
    -Snakes
    -Rodents(Rats, mice, squirrels, weasels etc.)
    -Goats
    -Turtles
    -Lizards
    -Elephants
    -Alpacas
    -Ostriches
    -Camels
    -More Bears
    -Seals
    -Crocodiles and Alligators
    -Some Fish(Like Living fish[Pufferfish,…

49 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Suggestions for all versions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. New biomes in an update (1.13)

i would like it if these biomes were added:
    - a mangrove biome (search o google image ''mangrove'' and you will know what kind of mangrove we want)
    - a tropical beach with palm trees and blue clear water
    - a volcanic biome with volcanoes and lava and maybe a new kind of rock
    - another tropical biome and another jungle
    - another kind of savanna (like a forest savanna and some rivers like the Nil with brown water and maybe crocodiles)
    - coral reefs in a tropical ocean with much more fishes than normal
    - abyss biome with dark…

114 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Featured Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. ridable dragons

to who ever might be reading this, can you please add dragons that we can ride by putting a saddle on the dragon
    thank you for reading this

91 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Featured Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. compass - location can be set by user

Currently the compass is set to your world spawn. What if your home base is far away from that and you don't know how to get to there from the world spawn? (As it is, if you have no sense of direction, you are forced to make your home base near the world spawn point :-( )

Another idea may be for compasses to automatically set to the last bed you slept in, but what if that bed was away from home while you were exploring? If you're like me, you most likely use the compass to find your way…

42 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Suggestions for all versions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Server software compatible with Bedrock Engine

We would like to have New server software which have a compatibility with Bedrock Engine.

As Java version’s Minecraft had a awesome multi-player server made by small user community, we are thinking it will not change in Bedrock Engine based Minecraft.

We are requesting to have a opportunity to run server software in own PC and maintain Administration organization’s community.

Which make compatibility for many of user using Bedrock Engine based Minecraft as same as Java Version’s modifications culture.

22 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 313 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Featured Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. New Version of Minecraft

My son is a big Minecraft fan, and he and I came up with a pretty fun idea for a new Minecraft game that he can’t wait to share with all of you. Our idea is to create a game called Minecraft for Mobs & Villains (or something like that) where the person playing actually gets to be the bad guy, and the game is always played in survival mode.

We thought it would be fun if at the start of the game the player would start as a ***** (or an easier mob to kill). They would go into…

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. End City chests should be replaced with shulker boxes

End Cities have loot chests, but these seem out of place in a majority-purple structure. Perhaps changing the loot chests to Shulker boxes would work with the aesthetic.

84 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Featured Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Vertical biomes?

Add more depth to the minecraft subterranean environment, with underground villages, jungles, oceans, and mushroom forests? These would just add additional layers of complexity to a players world. While giving more incentive to dig more sprawling tunnels so that they might discover "massive" underground caves with their own lighting, mobs, and structures.

37 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Suggestions for all versions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Puddles

I think after it rains, a little puddle animation would be cool.

21 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add real life mods like guns and furniture mods to Minecraft pe

Add area life mods like guns and furniture mods to Minecraft pe

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Suggestions for all versions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. /biome command to test for and change biomes

Throughout the years, many useful commands have been added to Minecraft to allow modifying various aspects of the world. Commands like /give, /replaceitem, /setblock, /summon, /testfor, /testforblock, and various other commands have all made it easy to modify things like blocks, items, entities, and etc. And recently, many improvements to commands have been implemented or are coming soon, opening even more possibilities than there were before.

However, one thing that has remained unchangeable without external 3rd-party tools is biomes. There is currently no way to change the biome of a region using commands, and this can make map-making difficult sometimes,…

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. ALLOW HORSES TO HAVE TWO RIDERS!!

I think horses whould have two spots for riding just like boats do. I have tried to add seats to the horse as an addon, and it will not accept them probably because of some back end code. when the second person tries to get on, both players are kicked form the horse. In earlier versions I got this to work, and it would only kick you in a Realm game, but now it never works.

I think this should not even be an addon. Most horses in real life can carry two people, so it should be that way…

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Fence, Stair, and Slab Variants of Existing Blocks.

Brick Fencing....Iron Gates.....My mouth is already watering. We need a TRUE builders update.

79 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. New Biome set: Ocean Glaciers/Glacier Melt

Glaciers/Glacier Breakapart. See music video for example footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNbzMMwo_os

Ideally the glaciers would protrude out of the ocean and into the depths a ways, composed of odd shapes (quazi-random?), but definetly with a few huge sections of wall that jet up out of the ocean to really look spectacular. Maybe a more shiney (and strong) packed ice for the interior/exposed walls (edges touching ocean).

The Glacier melt would be a little more to the video's visuals, with little random single blocks of broken ice floating in the sea.

This would be a great time to add Sea lions, and given…

44 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Mob Idea: Possessing Ghost

You should add a ghost-mob like the Vex, except that it possesses (merges) with a mob or entity like an armor stand, cow, chicken, etc. The geist would have a damage level based on the possessed mob and its inventory.

19 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Discussion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 88 89
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base